Preventative health care is as important to pets as it is to humans. By taking measures that reduce the risk of your pet acquiring a life-threatening disease or injury, you can enjoy the company of your furry friend for years to come. To learn more about pet wellness, please read the following articles.
- Veterinary hospitals recommend spaying and neutering for the many health benefits they provide to both male and female animals. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals lists the top 10 reasons why you should spay and neuter your pets.
- Could your pet have allergies? The Huffington Post offers suggestions as to how veterinarians and pet owners can reduce the allergic discomfort experienced by many animals.
- Woman’s Day explains how to best provide for pet dietary needs.
- Veterinary hospitals have seen a steady increase in the number of obese patients over the last several years. PetMD describes how you can incorporate physical fitness into your pet’s daily routine even when living in an urban area.
- Pet dental health can greatly influence an animal’s overall wellbeing. HealthyPet.com discusses why keeping your pet’s teeth healthy is so important.
ABC Veterinary Hospitals provides vital preventative care for animals in the greater San Diego area. We offer patients tests that detect pet parasites, as well as spay and neuter and pet surgery services. To learn more about our facilities, or to schedule an appointment, please call (858) 278-1825.