Regular visits to the veterinarian are essential for keeping your pet in optimal health. Veterinary hospitals can perform a number of diagnostic tests that will detect the presence of disease or other wellness concern. To learn more about what you can do to ensure your pet’s health, read the following articles.
- Spaying or neutering your pet has many benefits, including the prevention of unwanted litters and reduced cancer risks for both male and female animals. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals lists the top ten reasons why this procedure is so important.
- Maintaining your pet’s vaccinations can help prevent a number of infectious diseases. The American Veterinary Medical Association explains why vaccinations are vital to your pet’s wellbeing.
- Your pet’s periodontal health is also extremely important in avoiding future health, kidney, and intestinal problems. PetMD describes three quick and efficient ways to keep your pet’s teeth in good shape.
- Like humans, pets may develop arthritis as they get older. HealthyPet.com details how to effectively treat this condition and preserve your pet’s quality of life.
- MyPetSmart.com offers tips for how to care for your pet when recovering from surgery.
ABC Veterinary Hospitals provide superior health care for all of our pet patients in the greater San Diego area. If your pet is in need of medical assistance or if you would like to schedule a checkup at one of our veterinary hospitals, please call us at (858) 278-1825.